Traditionally, organizations try to achieve change either through rearranging the organization boxes or replacing members in the boxes.
Work redesign is often a better alternative.
Taylor-Nelson helps organizations to use new tools to restructure the actual work, work processes, the job itself, the work system, the strategy, the culture and the work environment including:
- Preliminary assessment of the present organization characteristics and readiness for change
- Members who will be invited to assist in the change to the organization will be trained to perform the change themselves
- Participation in a quality and work redesign workshop to learn the basics of work redesign
- Problem solving, decision making, systems design and flow process skills are added as the redesign team becomes ready
- Flow charting and other design skills are taught to the work team members